Tuesday, February 12, 2019

I'm back!

Long time no see! 
This is Jerry, the author of this blog. It has been a while since I updated this blog last time. This blog will undergo some big changes as I find these changes necessary for me to write consistently and reach a larger group of audience.

1. Blogging in English
Yes, this is the first and biggest change. I decided to write in English for several reasons. 

First of all, I want to regularly practise my English writing skills. I excelled in English when I was a student. (Top secret: I got an "A" in English in Hong Kong A-Level Examination.) Yet, my English has become less proficient since I entered the workforce as there is little, if not none, needs for me to use English at my full-time job. 

The second reason I decided to write in English is that I am not good at typing Chinese. I used a Chinese input method called Q9 (九方) which is very slow if I cannot use a number pad and unfortunately my Macbook Air does not have a number pad.

2. More Diverse Content
I used to focus on money-related topic in my previous posts. True, money is of great importance in my journey to financial freedom which is still my goal. Yet, I believe I have so much more things to share which might shed lights on the world of people in my generation.

In short, I will start three series:
1. Monthly Spending Summary- I will detail my spending here each month.
2. Regular Financial Updates- I will share about my net worth and any investments I make on a regular basics. I am thinking whether I should do it half-yearly or quarterly because there will be little changes in my net worth for a month or two (probably just add the salary).
3. Irregular sharing on some random things- including topics of moving abroad, freelancing, travel tips (Vietnam is one of my favourite destinations), or even some of my hobbies such as video games, reading and photography.

As for the old posts, I will translate them into English soon but I will not delete the Chinese posts in case some of you might want to re-visit them in the future.

Thank you for your time! That's all for the post. Please leave a comment and let me know if you like these changes or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment