Sunday, September 27, 2020

Regular Financial Updates 2020 Q3

 Hi guys!


This is Jerry, the author of this blog! I decided to post the total asset I have so that you guys could witness my growth.

This is the third quarter asset report of 2020:


If I update this in early September, you may see a different story. My annual goal may have been reached already. Nonetheless, what happened, happened. The stock market started plummeting in mid September. Luckily, due to Vanguard's exit from HK, I sold half of my ETF 3140 and captured some profits before the drop. I have talked about this action in another post so I will not repeat here.

The COVID-19 is still rampant worldwide, and the geopolitical risk escalates to a high level thanks to the US President election. Regardless of the above-mentioned, I will continue to buy ETFs. As I said before, discipline is the key to investing. Even if the stock market continues to drop in October, I will buy on schedule.

This quarter taught me a lesson: Never make a conclusion too early. Originally I thought I could not reach the annual goal. Now, it seems possible. If I do nothing, and just spend and save as usual, I will be less 20k from the goal. This means, if I generate or save 6k extra each month for the remaining three months, my goal will be reached. It's challenging, but I like challenges. We will know the results after three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment