Monday, March 16, 2020

Monthly Investment Plan - Introduction (US)

Due to the coronavirus pandemic, we all enter a bear market. While some are still panic, I decided to start my investment plan since this is probably a good window to buy stocks in a cheaper price. However, no one could predict how low the price will be. Therefore, I will use dollar cost averaging technique. Each month USD 1000 will be invested in VOO. Since I use Firsttrade Securities, there will be no trading fee charged by the broker. I will split the $1000 into two, with one buying on 5th trading day of the month and another on 15th trading day, so as to further diverge the timing risk.

I hold some VOO before I start this plan:

This plan will last for 12 months. After that, I will consider if I continue or not. 

Some might think I am crazy to enter the market at this timeframe. What do you think? What is your plan during the bear market? Please let me know and comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment