Sunday, March 15, 2020

Monthly investment plan - Introduction (Hong Kong)

I think most people are shocked about what happened to the stock market last week. At first, I was shocked and worried as well, but then I realize this may be a rare opportunity for me to buy some stocks. Therefore, I decided to invest in the market now using dollar cost averaging.

I will invest a fixed amount of money (HKD$2000) each month under the monthly stock investment plan (MIP) of Chief Securities Ltd. There will be zero fees charged by this broker. Only $5.15 will be charged to pay for the tax each time. The plan allows me to buy twice a month (on the 5th and 15th trading day).

I will invest in two ETFs- 2800 and 3140. I have held these two ETFs before I started this plan this month:


Yes... I am losing money but it is tolerable for me as I am still earning income from my full time job. I plan to invest for 12 consecutive months because I think the impact of the virus will last at least one year. I will consider if I continue this plan or not after 12 months.

Besides, I will invest in 6 different stocks twice each month using the same plan ($3000/month):
REITs: 823, 435
Properties stock: 16, 12

I only hold some stocks of 823 while I hold none of others:

That's it! This is my plan under a bear market. What do you think? Do you think this is a wise decision for me? Please comment below and let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment